Sabudana thalipeeth or sago chappati is a delicious fasting food which you should not miss out on. You can also have it for a breakfast or snack item whether you are fasting or not. If you like sabudana just the way I do, you can also check out sabudana khichdi which also comes from Maharashtrian cuisine.
Recipe of sabudana thalipeeth
1 cup Sabudana (sago) - soaked
2-3 green chillies- chopped
2 medium potatoes- boiled, peeled and mashed
Salt to taste
1/2 cup dry roasted and grinded peanuts
Coriander leaves (cilantro) - chopped
Ghee (clarified butter) or oil to shallow fry
1. Mix together all the ingredients except oil or ghee.
2. Divide the dough into tennis size balls.
3. Grease a thick plastic sheet or polythene and place the ball at its center. Pat with moistened fingers to form a thick round. Make small holes in it.
3. Heat a tava (griddle) and grease it with ghee. Gently and carefully turn the thalipeeth onto the tava and peel the plastic off.
4. Put ghee in the holes. Cover the thalipeeth with a plate and turn the heat to medium. Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove the plate and gently turn over. Cook it for another minute or two. Cook till sabudana thalipeeth is golden brown from both sides. Serve sago rotti hot.