time snack. These biscuits not just sweet and salty but their ajwain taste makes them all the more appealing.
Recipe of ajwain cookies
1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1 tsp baking powder
4-5 tbsp butter or ghee (clarified butter)
|ajwain cookies before baking|
How to make ajwain (carom seeds) cookies
1. Mix maida, salt and baking powder and pass through a sieve. Add 1/2 tsp ajwain.
2. In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar. Beat it till it becomes light and fluffy.
3. Mix this butter-sugar mixture to maida to form a soft dough.
4. Pinch small balls from this dough and flatten between your palms.
5. Press upper sides of cookies lightly with a fork and sprinkle rest of the 1/2 tsp ajwain over them.
6. Take a baking tray and spread aluminium foil or cookie sheet over it. Grease it with few drops of oil or butter.
7. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
8. Place uncooked cookies on baking tray, a few distance apart.
9. Place the baking tray in oven and bake at 180 degree C for 15-20 minutes. The upper and lower side of
biscuits or cookies will look brownish. Take the tray out of oven.
10. Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the tray. Enjoy your ajwain cookies!