Rava laddu or sooji laddu are made by themselves as well as by adding coconut. Here I am sharing the recipe of coconut rava laddu. They are more popular in Southern part of
but now also available at North Indian sweet shops. Rava laddu are especially made on festive occasions. India
Recipe of coconut rava laddu
1& 1/2 cups Semolina (Rava)
3/4 cup fresh coconut- scraped
4 tbsps ghee (clarified butter)
1 cup Sugar
2 tbsps Raisins (kishmish)
1 & 1/2 tbsps Green cardamom powder
1. Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed kadai, stir-fry rava on very low heat, till it just starts changing color to light golden.
2. Add scraped coconut and continue to stir-fry for one more minute.
3. Cook sugar with half a cup of water on medium heat, stirring continuously till it dissolves. Increase heat and bring the syrup to a boil. Cook without stirring for about five minutes or till it reaches single thread consistency.
4. Add the warm roasted rava mixture and green cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and mix well. Cover the mixture with lid and keep aside for thirty minutes, stirring the mixture at regular intervals.
5. Divide the mixture into twelve to fifteen equal portions, shape into laddus by rolling them with your hands. Decorate rava laddu with raisin.