Paneer puri is loved by all the paneer fans. It's a full meal in itself and there is no need for a side dish. You can even enjoy paneer poori with a pickle. It's very easy to make and tastes yummy.
Recipe of paneer puri
1 cup atta (whole wheat flour)
1 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil + for deep frying
1. Mix atta, 1/2 tsp salt, ajwain and 2 tsp oil in a bowl. Rub oil in flour with your fingers. Add enough water so as to knead into stiff dough. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
2. Add salt, red chilli, cumin and garam masala powders to crumbled paneer. Mix well.
3. Take a ball out of the dough and roll out into a small round. Place 1 tsp paneer mixture in the centre. Gather the edges and reshape into a ball. Flatten between your palms.
4. Again roll out into a 3-4 inch round or puri.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai/wok or a frying pan and deep fry paneer puri from both sides till golden. Drain on an absorbent paper. Similarly make other paneer puri.