|matar paneer paratha|
Matar paneer paratha is an excellent breakfast option and you don’t need any curry or vegetable side dish with it.
Recipe of matar paneer paratha
2 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
1/2 tsp salt
Water as needed
1 small cup paneer (cottage cheese) - grated
1 small cup matar (green peas) - boiled and semi-mashed
3 green chillies- finely chopped
1 inch piece ginger- grated
2 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Few coriander leaves- chopped
Oil to shallow fry
1. Add salt to atta and adding water, knead it into soft, smooth dough. Cover and let it rest for 25 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add ginger and green chillies. Sauté for few seconds. Add boiled and mashed matar. Sauté for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
3. Add paneer and chopped coriander leaves to matar masala and mix well. Let the masala for filling cool down.
4. Take a ball from the dough and dusting with dry flour, roll it into 3 inch round. Grease it with an oiled spoon.
5. Place 1 portion of matar paneer masala on the rolled roti and mix salt to it. Gather the edges of the roti and shape it into a ball.
6. Flatten this ball between your palms and roll out into 6 inch round paratha, dusting with dry flour as needed.
7. Heat a tawa (griddle) and place this parantha on it. Shallow fry paratha from both sides applying oil. Fry till golden brown and brown-black specks appear on it. Similarly make other parathas. Serve matar paneer paratha hot with chutney, curd or pickle.