|baingan ka bharta|
Recipe of baingan ka bharta
2 medium baingan (eggplant)
2 medium onions- chopped
3 tomatoes- chopped
1 inch ginger piece- chopped
5 cloves garlic- chopped
3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 tablespoon oil
1. Prick baingan with a fork and roast on a naked flame till their skin appear blistered and they shrivel in size. Alternatively you can also microwave them on a High for 10 minutes.
2. Cool baingan by dipping them in water. Peel off the skin and mash them.
3. I prefer mustard oil for this dish. Heat mustard oil to the smoking point in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they turn brown, add onions and saute till they are transparent.
4. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and tomatoes. Cook till oil begins to separate.
5. Add mashed baingan and salt. Cook for 7-8 minutes over medium heat stirring.
6. Garnish baingan bharta with chopped coriander leaves.
Healthy Bytes- Baingan is a source of Potassium and Folic acid. It can help control the cholesterol
levels and can block the free radical formation.