|bandh gobi matar|
Bandh gobi matar is a very tasty side with rotis or parathas. I also use the left over veggie as a filling in sandwich. Crunchy bandh gobhi imparts a slightly sweet flavor to this simple dish which is quickly made and quickly polished off.
Recipe of bandh gobi matar
1 bandh gobi (cabbage/ patta gobi)
1 cup matar (green peas) - fresh or frozen
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
3/4 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1/2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
1 tbsp oil
1. Remove 2 outer leaves of band gobi, wash and chop.
2. Heat oil in a wok (kadhai) or a pan. Add cumin seeds and when they change color, add hing.
3. Add chopped bandh gobhi and matar. Add salt and all the spices except amchoor. Mix well.
4. Turn the heat to medium-low. Cook covered and stir occasionally. Cook till peas are tender. Just remember that band gobi should retain some of its crunch.
5. Add amchoor and mix. Increase heat and cook uncovered, stirring, till the sabzi gets a roasted look. Serve hot bandh gobi matar with rotis.