|stir fried paneer|
This dish is not exactly chili paneer but tastes somewhat like that. Stir fried paneer is very quick to make and results are very satisfying. Addition of soy sauce gives it a nice, appetizing color.
Recipe of Stir Fried Paneer
200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
1 capsicum (bell pepper)
2 tbsp tomato puree
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (cayenne pepper)
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp soy sauce
Chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
1. Cut paneer in long thin strips. Deseed capsicum and remove pulp of tomato and cut them in long, thin strips.
2. Heat oil in a pan (wok) and add cumin seeds. When they change color, add onion and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add capsicum and stir fry for 1/2 minute.
4. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
5. Add paneer, tomato puree, soy sauce and salt. Mix them gently till paneer is well coated with puree and sauce.
6. Cook till it becomes thicker. Add tomato slices and cook for 1 more minute. Garnish stir fried paneer with coriander leaves and serve hot.