|dry aloo matar|
Recipe of dry aloo matar
3 medium potatoes (aloo)- boiled, peeled and cubed
1 cup shelled peas (matar)- fresh or frozen
2 tomatoes- chopped
1 inch piece ginger- chopped or grated
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 & 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
How to make dry aloo matar
1. Heat oil in a kadhai or a pan and add cumin seeds. When they turn darker, add hing.
2. Add ginger and saute till light brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and all the spices except garam masala. Cook on a medium heat till oil begins to separate from the masala.
4. Add aloo, matar, salt and mix well. Turn the heat to low and cook covered till matar turns tender, stirring occasionally. Add garam masala and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Garnish dry aloo matar sabzi with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.