|besan wali arbi|
This recipe of besan wali arbi is one of my own recipes. Today I made them along with rotis and they turned out very tasty. If you like arbi in any form, they are worth giving a try.
Recipe of besan wali arbi
1/2 kg arbi (taro root/ colocassia)
2 tbsp besan (gram flour/ chickpea flour)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (cayenne pepper)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp amchoor (dry mango powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 inch piece ginger- grated or chopped
2 tbsp oil
How to prepare besan wali arbi
1. Pressure cook arbi for 1- 2 whistles. Peel and chop them into roundels.
2. Out of the 2 tbsp oil, add 2 tsp oil to a pan or a kadhai and add besan. Roast on a medium- low heat till nice aroma comes out of besan and it turns slightly reddish- brown.
3. Turn off the heat and take besan out of the pan. Add a little salt to the besan.
4. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and add ajwain. When it changes color, add hing.
5. Add the ginger and sauté it lightly.
6. Add arbi, salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Roast on a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
7. When arbi appears well roasted, add remaining spice powders and besan. Mix well and cook on a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve besan wali arbi hot with roti, paratha or poori.