Diwali is approaching fast and you can make this til ki barfi for your near and dear ones. This barfi is easy to prepare and doesn't take too much prep time. You can also garnish this barfi with chopped, unsalted pistachios. The choice is totally your's.
Recipe of til ki barfi
1 cup til
1 cup khoya (mawa) - grated
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp elaichi (cardamom powder)
Few cashew nuts- chopped
1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
How to make til ki barfi
1. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a kadhai (heavy bottomed vessel) and roast cashew pieces in it till reddish brown. Drain and take out from kadhai.
2. In the same kadhai, add til and roast on medium-low heat stirring continuously. Roast till til begin to splutter and attain slightly brownish colour. Take til out of kadhai.
3. In the same kadhai, add grated khoya and roast on medium-low heat till khoya turns a little brownish. Take out from kadhai.
4. In a big bowl or any big utensil, mix khoya, til, powdered sugar and cashews.
5. Grease a big plate with few drops of ghee (clarified butter) and spread the til-khoya mixture evenly. Level with a big spoon.
6. Allow it to cool down for 15-20 minutes. Then cut it into squares or diamonds.
7. Let it harden for 2 hours.
8. Remove til ki barfi from plate with the help of a knife. You can eat it right away or store in the fridge for later use.