|dhuli moong ki dal|
delicious and tastes good as a side or all by itself.
Recipe of dhuli moong ki dal
1 cup dhuli moong dal (yellow mung dal/husked green gram)
2 tomatoes- chopped
3 cups water
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
How to cook dhuli moong ki dal
1. Wash moong dal in running water till water runs clear. Drain and soak in clean water for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Place dal in pressure cooker along with water, salt, spices and chopped tomatoes.
3. Cook the dal to 1 whistle, then lower heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Turn off the heat.
4. Open the lid of the cooker when pressure drops down naturally.
5. In a small pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds change color, add hing.
6. Add this tadka or tempering to the boiled dal.
7. Take this dhuli moong ki dal in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot
with roti or paratha.