|papad mangodi ki kadhi|
Papad mangodi ki kadhi is a tasty dish from colorful
. Mangodi is a small sun dried dumpling made from soaked and grinded moong dal (split, skinless green gram). This kadhi is much liked by my family so I make it often. land of Rajasthan
Recipe of papad mangodi ki kadhi
2 cups khatti dahi (sour curds/yogurt)
1/2 cup besan (gram flour/chickpea flour)
1/2 cup mangodi (sun dried lentil dumplings)
1 papad (poppadum) - roasted and broken into small pieces
1/4 tsp methi dana (fenugreek seeds)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp + 1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tsp oil and add mangodi. Fry mangodi till reddish brown. Turn off the heat. Add 1 cup water and close the cooker. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Then while still cosed, pressure cook mangodis to 2 whistles (please check before pressure cooking if there is some water left otherwise add some).
2. In a deep bowl, take curd, besan, turmeric, red chilli and coriander powders and salt. Add 4 cups of water. Blend with a hand blender, mixer or a big spoon into a lump free smooth mixture.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai/wok and add methi dana. When they turn darker, add hing. Add the besan curd mixture and cook stirring till the kadhi comes to a boil.
4. Add mangodi and turn the heat to medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add papad pieces and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot papad mangodi ki kadhi with rice or roti.