Paneer Tikka is a fancy food which many people think can be made only at restaurants and hotels. Believe me with this simple recipe you can make delectable paneer tikka at home and surprise everyone.
Soft pieces of paneer marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled to perfection make it a protein packed low calorie tasty food.
Recipe of Paneer Tikka
250 grams paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
1 medium green capsicum (bell pepper)
1 medium onion
1 medium tomato
1 cup thick yogurt (curd/ dahi)
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp tandoori masala
1 tsp chaat masala
2 tsp ginger- garlic paste
2 green chillies- crushed
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Cut paneer, onion, tomato and capsicum into 1&1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix yogurt, turmeric powder, tandoori masala, chaat masala, ginger- garlic paste, green chillies, salt and oil to a smooth paste.
- Add paneer cubes to this marinade. See that paneer is well coated with it. Keep in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Soak a few bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes. Take out, pat dry and grease them with few drops of oil.
- Put onion, tomato and capsicum pieces in the marinade and coat them well. Thread pieces of marinated paneer and veggies one after the other on the skewers.
- Cook on an oiled grill turning the skewers a few times. Or you can set your oven to Broil. Preheat your oven broiler to high. Broil till you see brown- black spots on the paneer and vegetables and paneer is slightly charred on the edges. Or you can also cook on Barbecue. Or you can also make paneer tikka in an electric or gas tandoor if you have one.
While cooking paneer tikka just don’t go anywhere and keep an eye on it so that they don’t get burned. Also don’t over cook it.