Kimchi salad is a very popular chinese and Korean salad. In
, kimchi salad is served at most Chinese restaurants. India
Recipe of kimchi salad
1/2 medium cabbage (patta gobi/ band gobhi)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
2 tbsp tomato sauce/ ketchup
2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 dry red chillies
1. Deseed and soak red chillies in water for 10-12 minutes.
2. Chop cabbage into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Put 4 cups of water in a pan and add 2 tsp salt and 2 tsp sugar. Bring it to boil. Add cabbage. Turn off the heat immediately.
4. Strain the cabbage and refresh in cold water.
5. Drain the red chillies. Using little water, grind red chillies, ginger and garlic together to a coarse paste.
6. To this paste, add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and vinegar.
7. Mix this paste with cabbage gently. Serve kimchi salad at room temperature.