If you keep boiled potatoes in your refrigerator, jeera aloo can be ready in a jiffy. After trying and tasting it, no one can say it was so easy to make. Jeera aloo is spicy and tangy.
Recipe of Jeera Aloo/cumin potatoes
4-5 medium boiled aloo (potatoes)
2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
5 black peppercorns (sabut kali mirch)
2 green chillies- chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil or pure ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
1. Peel and cube the boiled aloo.
2. Heat a pan and add 1 tsp jeera and black peppercorns. Dry roast them till jeera turn dark brown and nice aroma comes out of them.
3. Turn off the heat and take them out of the pan. Pound them in a mortar with a pestle. Make a coarse powder.
4. In the same pan, heat oil or ghee. Add the remaining 1 tsp jeera and green chillies. Fry them till jeera change color.
5. Add aloo. Add salt, pounded masala and coriander powder. Mix well.
6. Roast the potatoes till their surface become somewhat crisp. Turn off the heat and add lime juice and mix. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot aloo jeera as a side dish.