Doodhi or lauki ka halwa is a rather unusual dessert. It’s nutritious since it contains lauki and milk. We are using very little ghee unlike other halwas. Lauki ka halwa is a very simple recipe yet very tasty.
Recipe of doodhi/ lauki ka halwa
1 medium lauki (doodhi/ ghiya/ bottle gourd/ milk gourd)
2 cups milk
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
7-8 almonds- blanched and slivered
1. Peel lauki, remove its seeds and grate.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat ghee and add grated lauki. Sauté for 6-7 minutes.
3. Add milk and cook till liquid gets dried up, stirring occasionally.
4. Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook stirring constantly.
5. Serve lauki ka halwa cold or hot garnished with almonds.