Luchi is a type of Bengali puri. In a way luchi is similar to bhatura as both are made from maida or all purpose flour but they are different in the sense that bhatura dough is fermented and luchi dough is not. Luchi puri is very tasty and generally had with ghughni.
Recipe of luchi (puri)
2 cups maida (all purpose flour/ refined flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil + for deep frying
1. Mix salt with flour. Add 1 tbsp oil and rub flour between your fingers so that oil coats the flour evenly.
2. Add lukewarm water to knead the flour into stiff dough. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai/wok. Take a small lemon size ball out of the dough and roll out into 3 inch round luchi.
4. Gently place the luchi in the hot oil and fry till they puff up and turn pale cream. Fry from both sides.
5. Drain the luchi on an absorbent paper and similarly make rest of the luchi with remaining dough. Serve luchi hot with potato curry or ghughni.