|gajar ka achar|
Gajar is something I enjoy immensely be it in sabzi, halwa, salad or pickle form. My mom always prepares gajar ka achar for me whenever she gets a chance. In fact this is her recipe which I like a lot.
Recipe of gajar ka achar
1/2 kilogram gajar (carrot)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp saunf (fennel) powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp rai (small mustard seeds) - grounded
4 tbsp mustard oil
1. Peel and wash gajar. Let all the water drain and leave them for drying naturally in air.
2. Cut them in 1 1/2 inch pieces and then divide these pieces lengthwise.
3. Mix salt, red chilli powder, fennel powder and ground rai. Mix these spices with carrot pieces.
4. Fill them in an airtight glass jar
5. Pour oil over gajar and mix well. keep aside for few days.
In summers, it takes about 2-3 days and in winters, it takes about 4-5 days for gajar ka achar to be ok to consume.
Healthy Bytes- Carrot is a treasure of nutrients. It is high in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K. Gajar contain maximum amount of carotene which body converts to vitamin A and hence it is very good for your eyesight.