This is a fried version of poha chivda unlike my earlier blog post of non-fried chivda. This chivda is very yummy and liked a lot by kids.
Recipe of fried chivda/ chidwa
6 cups poha (beaten rice/ flattened rice)
4 tbsp peanuts
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp cashew nut halves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp Oil + for deep frying
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai/ wok for deep frying.
2. Put the poha in a metal sieve (strainer) and dip it in the hot oil to deep fry the poha. Take small amounts of poha each time so that all grains of poha get fried and do not spill in kadhai. Repeat the process till all poha gets fried. Keep aside.
3. In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds. Let them pop.
4. Add peanuts and cashew nuts and fry till golden. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to it. Cook for few seconds. Turn off the heat.
5. Add this to the fried poha and mix everything well. Let chivda cool down, and then store it in an airtight container.