|khajur imli chutney|
Khajur imli chutney or date tamarind chutney is something you must have with chaat items like bhel puri. Khajur imli chutney is finger licking good.Try it and fall in love with it!!
Recipe of date tamarind (khajur imli) chutney
10 dates (khajur/khajoor)
1/2 cup tamarind (imli)
1/2 cup gur (jaggery)
1 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1. Wash, remove seeds and chop dates finely. Also soak tamarind in 1 cup hot water.
2. Cook khajoor in 1/2 cup water till tender. After mashing them, pass through a sieve to get date pulp.
3. Mash imli, remove seeds, fiber and pass through a sieve into date pulp.
4. Put the pulp on boil and add jaggery. Add salt, red chilli and cumin powder. Cook on low heat till you get thick, smooth, pouring consistency. Remove from heat.
5. Cool and store in a jar or bottle. Store khajur imli chutney in the refrigerator.