Instant wheat dosa is a very easy to make, anytime dosa or pancake. No need for soaking and fermenting. Wheat dosa can be eaten as a breakfast or anytime when hunger strikes. This dosa is also known as ‘Godhuma Dosa’. Wheat dosa can also be called as wheat chilla or wheat pancake.
Recipe of instant wheat dosa
1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
1 onion- finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (cayenne pepper)
Chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
Oil for shallow frying
1. Take wheat flour in a bowl and add water, mixing, so as to prepare a lump free, smooth batter. Batter consistency should be dosa batter (pancake or chilla batter) like.
2. Add rest of the ingredients except oil to the wheat batter and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Beat the batter well. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and for the 1st dosa smear the tava with oil and wipe off the excess oil with a paper napkin.
4. Turn the heat to medium and spread a ladleful of batter in an outward, circular motion (dosa will be cooked on medium heat).
5. Drizzle oil on it. When the edges look brownish from underneath, remove the dosa from the tava gently and then cook from the other side also. When dosa look brownish from both sides, remove from the tava and serve hot. Similarly make rest of the wheat dosas from the remaining batter.