|pyaz ka paratha|
Whenever I run short of vegetables and there are a couple of onions lying in my basket, I cook onion paratha or pyaz ka paratha. I think they are simply delicious.
Recipe of pyaz ka Paratha/ onion paratha
1 cup atta (whole wheat flour)
2 medium pyaz (onion) - finely chopped
2 green chilies- finely chopped
1/2 tsp cumin powder
Oil to shallow fry
Salt to taste
1. Mix atta with salt, pyaz, green chilies and cumin powder. Add water and knead into pliable dough.
2. Cover with a moist cloth and let the dough rest for 15 minutes. Don't knead the dough too well in advance as onions will leave water and dough will be difficult to manage.
3. Take a ball out of the dough and roll out like a roti.
4. Heat a tawa (griddle) and shallow fry the onion paratha applying oil. Cook on both sides till they are light golden.
5. Similarly make other pyaz paratha and serve hot with pickle of your choice.
Healthy bytes- Onions are full of anti-oxidants which inactivate the cancer causing substances. They increase the 'good cholesterol' levels and prevent clotting in the arteries. Onions also relieve bronchial congestion. Deep colored onions are more nutritious than light ones.