|papad ki sabzi|
Papad ki sabzi or Poppadum curry is rather unusual but tasty dish from the
. I cook it when I run short of vegetables or I feel like having chatpati, spicy bhaji. Papad are always in stock in my kitchen. It’s quick and easy and papad or poppadums are readily available at any Indian grocery store. land of Rajasthan
Recipe of papad ki sabzi or papad ka shaak
2 big papad
1 cup sour curd (yogurt)
1/2 cup boondi
2-3 whole dry red chillies
1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp oil
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1. Roast the papad and break them into 1 inch pieces.
2. Mix curd, besan and 1 cup water and beat well. I use blender to beat it.
3. Soak papad pieces and boondi in 2 cups of hot water for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they change color, add hing and broken dry red chillies. Fry for 1 minute.
5. Add red chilli powder and yogurt mixture. Add rest of the spices and stir till it boils.
6. Add papad and boondi. Give it a few boils and turn off the heat. Serve hot papad ki sabzi garnished with chopped coriander leaves.