|microwave jeera rice|
Microwave is very good for cooking rice. As far as jeera rice is concerned, it's very flavorful and tasty.
Recipe of microwave jeera rice/ cumin rice
1 1/2 cup basmati rice
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 1/2 an hour. Drain.
2. Take a big microwave safe bowl. Put ghee in it and add jeera. Cook uncovered, on High for 30 seconds.
3. Add rice, salt and 3 cups of water. Mix well. Cover with a micro safe lid or a cling film through which some holes have been pierced.
4. Cook for 13 minutes on High.
5. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Serve microwave jeera rice hot with some curry or vegetable.