Paneer pakora or cheese pakora is a true rainy day comforter. Paneer pakora with hot cup of tea makes for a treat. It’s not that every day we eat deep fried goodies but its okay once in a while.
Recipe of paneer pakora
250 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
1 1/2 cups besan (gram flour)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1-2 green chillies- chopped
1 cup water
2 tsp oil
Oil to deep fry
1 tsp chaat masala
1. Cut paneer into thick cubes. Sprinkle chaat masala on them and keep aside.
2. Mix rest of the ingredients in a bowl except water and oil to deep fry. Slowly add water to this, stirring, so that no lumps are formed. Adjust the quantity of water to get thick pouring consistency. Beat this batter in a blender so that air is incorporated and pakoras turn out fluffy. You can also beat with a big spoon or using a hand blender. Set aside the batter for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel (kadhai). You can find out if the oil is sufficiently hot by dropping a small portion of the batter in the oil. If it sizzles and comes to the surface, your oil is hot enough. Turn the heat to medium.
4. Dip the paneer cubes in the batter and drop gently in the oil. Deep fry pakodas from both sides till golden brown.
5. Drain on an absorbent paper towel by using a slotted spoon (pauni/ chhari). Serve hot paneer pakora with tomato sauce or coriander chutney.