Naan is one of the popular breads of
which is also known abroad. Naan is more popular in Northern states of India where it is on the menu of most hotels and restaurants. India
Recipe of naan bread
4 cups all purpose flour (maida)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp oil
Nigella seeds (kalaunji) - 1 tsp
1. Take a bowl and place all purpose flour, salt and baking powder in it. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl, mix milk, sugar and 2 tbsp oil. Pour this mixture in the center of the flour.
3. Knead this flour into soft dough adding warm water if necessary.
4. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil and knead again. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 15 minutes. Knead again.
5. Keep it in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
6. Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Roll out each ball on a floured surface in thin oval shape. You can dust them in flour while rolling out if they are sticking.
7. Sprinkle nigella seeds in each and press lightly with rolling pin (belan).
8. Bake naan in a preheated oven till they puff up and become golden brown. You can also butter them to have butter naan. We enjoy them with dal makhani and shahi paneer.
Alternatively you can also cook naan in an electrtic tandoor or gas tandoor if own one.