|moong dal toast|
Moong dal toast is an easy to make, tasty breakfast. It’s also a bit different from your routine breakfasts. When making moong toast, apply a thin layer of dal paste on bread slices.
Recipe of moong dal toast
6 slices bread
1 cup dhuli moong dal (split, skinless green gram)
3 green chilies
1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves- finely chopped
Oil or butter to toast the bread
1. Soak moong dal for 1 1/2 hours. Drain and grind with green chilies to a fine paste.
2. Mix together dal paste, besan, salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves.
3. With the help of a spoon, spread dal mixture on one side of a bread slice.
4. Heat some oil or butter on a non-stick tawa (griddle) or a pan. Place the bread on the hot tawa with the dal side down.
5. Spread dal mixture on the upper side of the bread too while the bread is getting toasted on the lower side. Toast the bread on other side also.
6. Cut into triangles and serve hot moong dal toast with tomato sauce.