|mirchi ke pakore|
My hubby and FIL love mirchi ke pakore. Here I have given the recipe of stuffing chilli with chutney but I also make them by stuffing aloo (potato) masala. Mirchi pakoda tastes great both ways.
Recipe of mirchi ke pakore/ green chilli fritters
8-10 bhavnagri mirch (large, broad not so hot green chilli)
1 cup besan (gram flour/ chickpea flour)
Salt to taste
Green (dhania pudina) chutney- for stuffing
Oil to deep fry
1. Wash and wipe mirchi. Make a slit on one side without separating from the base or slitting other side. Remove seeds of mirchi.
2. Take besan in a bowl and add salt. Add water little by little, mixing with other hand so as to prepare lump free batter. Batter consistency should be like pancake batter.
3. Stuff green chutney into each mirchi.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai/ wok. Dip each stuffed mirchi in besan batter and put in hot oil. Deep fry on medium heat, turning as needed till golden brown.
5. Drain bharwa mirchi ke pakore on absorbent paper and serve hot.