Mirchi vada or mirchi bajji is basically potato stuffed mirchi ka pakora (chilli fritter). This is a Rajasthani snack which is liked by people who like their food hot. Take large, thick mirchi which is also called 'Bhavnagari mirch' or
pepper, for this dish.
Recipe of mirchi vada/ mirchi bajji
8-10 large, thick mirchi (
Anaheim pepper/ bhavnagri mirch)
1 cup besan (gram flour/ chickpea flour)
3-4 potato (boiled, peeled and mashed)
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
3/4 tsp chaat masala
Oil for deep frying
1. Make a vertical slit in mirch without separating them. Remove seeds from mirch.
2. Add salt and chaat masala to mashed potato.
3. Stuff this potato mixture in mirchis.
4. In a bowl, take besan and add salt and red chilli powder. Add water little by little, mixing with other hand to prepare smooth, lump free batter. The consistency of the batter should be like that of pakora (fritter) batter like.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai/wok. Dip stuffed mirchi in besan batter and deep fry in oil till golden from all sides. Serve mirchi vada hot with chutney or sauce.
Note- Mirch or peppers used for this dish are not very hot and after you remove their seeds, they become mild.