|microwave palak paneer|
It never fails to amaze me how quick and hassle free microwave cooking is and palak paneer in microwave is no exception. I also cook palak paneer on a stovetop. When I tried it in microwave, I found it to be equally tasty and easier.
Recipe of microwave palak paneer
400 gms palak (spinach)
150 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
3 green chilles - washed and caps removed
3 medium tomatoes
1 inch piece ginger
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup malai (cream of milk)
|palak before microwaving|
1. Remove stems of palak and retain the leaves. Wash palak leaves thoroughly under running water, drain. Chop them coarsely.
2. Grind together onions, tomatoes, ginger and green chillies to a smooth paste. Cut paneer into cubes. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, place chopped palak leaves and cook covered for 2 minutes on a High. Take out and puree the cooked palak leaves.
4. In the same microwave safe bowl, place oil and add onion-tomato paste and all the spices and salt. Cook uncovered on a High for 3 minutes.
5. Add palak puree and mix. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Add paneer cubes, malai and cook uncovered for 1 minute. Serve hot palak paneer with naan, paratha or rice.