|microwave masala peanuts|
Earlier I made a blog post of masala peanuts in microwave. This time I tried making microwave masala peanuts in a different way. You can try both ways to find out which suits you better. This is a low calorie guilt free snack since it uses very less oil. I find them better than store bought ones coz they are not deep fried.
Recipe of microwave masala peanuts
1 cup peanuts (moongphali)
Slightly less than 1/4 cup besan (gram flour/chickpea flour)
3/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (cayenne pepper)
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Oil to grease and drizzle
1. Take peanuts in a strainer (chalni) and wash under running water so that all peanuts are wet. Shake off excess water.
2. Mix besan and all the spices and salt.
3. Mix spiced besan with wet peanuts such that all peanuts are coated with besan.
4. Grease a microwave safe plate and arrange peanuts on it. Drizzle some oil on the peanuts.
5. Microwave them on a High for 4 minutes. Take out and wait for 10 minutes for it to cool down. Your crispy crunchy masala peanuts are ready. Store them in an airtight container.