This is a very simple recipe of very delicious apple cake. Who says you can't bake cakes without eggs. I bake all my cakes without egg and all turn out very tasty and soft. Try this apple cake and you'll agree with me.
Recipe of eggless apple cake
1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
1 cup all purpose flour (maida/refined flour)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups apple puree (unsweetened)
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda-bi-carbonate
100 gms melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
2. Grease a cake tin of 1 kg capacity and dust with maida. Keep aside.
3. Sieve together atta, maida, baking powder, soda-bi-carb and powdered sugar.
4. Mix together apple puree and milk. Blend till well blended.
5. Add butter and mix.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing with other hand to prevent lump formation.
7. If the cake batter appears too thick, add a little milk.
8. Pour the cake batter in the cake tin and bake in the preheated oven at 200 degree C. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert a toothpick or a knife at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is done.
9. When the apple cake has cooled down, invert onto a plate and cut as desired.