Guarati kadhi is little different from other kadhis like Punjabi kadhi because of the addition of sweetness to it. Gujrati kadhi is sweet sour in taste since jaggery or sugar is added to the kadhi. This kadhi is part of Gujarati thali and is very popular in
Recipe of gujarati kadhi
2 cups curd (yogurt/dahi)
1/4 cup besan (gram flour/chickpea flour)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 dried red chillies
1 inch piece cinnamon (dalchini)
3 cloves (laung)
Few curry leaves
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1 green chilli- chopped
1 lemon sized piece of jaggery (gur) - grated
1 tbsp oil
1. Whisk together curd and besan till smooth and lump free. Add 4 cups of water and mix.
2. Add jaggery and green chilli to curd-besan mixture.
3. Take a kadhai/wok or a pan and pour the above mixture in it. Cook stirring, till 1 boil comes.
4. Turn the heat to low and cook stirring occasionally for about 20-25 minutes. Add salt to kadhi. Turn off the heat.
5. In a separate small pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds, red chillies, cloves, asafoetida, cinnamon and curry leaves.
6. When they splutter and cumin seeds begin to change color, pour this tempering or tadka over kadhi and mix. Serve gujarati kadhi hot.