Everyone in my family prefers homemade pizza over readymade pizza. Not only it’s economical but far healthier and you can control how much cheese or butter goes in it. It doesn’t take much long to prepare pizza at home if you have ingredients at hand.
Recipe of homemade pizza
Makes 2 pizzas
2 ready made pizza bases
1/2 cup tomato puree
4 garlic flakes- chopped finely
3 tomatoes- chopped finely
1 tsp oil
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper- to taste
1 onion- chopped
1 tomato- pulp removed and chopped
1 capsicum (bell pepper) - deseeded and chopped
A few slices of jalapenos
200 gms mozzarella cheese (pizza cheese) - grated
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1. To prepare the tomato sauce, heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Stir for a few seconds and add all the ingredients for sauce. Bring it to a boil. Lower heat and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook till sauce thickens and can be spread without being runny. Turn off the heat.
2. Spread olive oil or melted butter over each pizza base covering the edges.
3. Spread tomato sauce over pizza base.
4. Sprinkle some grated cheese over each base.
5. Sprinkle the vegetable topping.
6. Sprinkle left over cheese. Drizzle some olive oil.
7. Bake at 180 degree C OR 350 Degree F for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve pizza hot.
Note- You can also use readymade pizza sauce instead of making it at home to make pizza absolutely fast.