|low calorie bread pakora|
This low calorie bread pakora is my neighbor’s recipe who used to be my walking buddy. Since her husband has heart ailment, she refrained from giving him anything deep fried. So, she found out an innovative idea of satisfying his cravings for pakora. I tried it out myself and liked it.
Recipe of diet (low calorie) bread pakora
Makes 6 bread pakoras
3 bread slices
1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour/ gram flour)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Oil to shallow fry
1. Take besan in a bowl and mix salt and red chilli powder in it.
2. Add water little by little, mixing with other hand to get pakora batter like consistency.
3. Spread the besan batter on 1 side of bread slices using a spoon. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and smear it with oil. Place bread slices on it with the batter side down. Turn the heat to medium.
4. While the lower side is cooking, spread the batter on upper side also.
5. When the lower side is done, turn over and cook from other side also. Cook till golden brown. Cut the bread slices into triangular halves. Serve hot with tomato sauce.