Ragda patties are a famous chaat item of Mumbai. It is known as aloo tikki ki chaat in
Northern India. In one of my earlier blog posts, I have given the recipe of preparing aloo tikki or patties and now have given its link below. You can also put chopped onion and green coriander leaves over the ragda patties.
Recipe of ragda patties (pattice)
Ingredients of ragda
1 cup safed matar (dry white peas/ white watana)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
Rest of the ingredients
1 tsp chaat masala
Sweet tamarind (imli) chutney
1. To prepare ragda, wash and soak white peas overnight or for at least 6 hours. Drain.
2. Place soaked white matar along with water, salt, turmeric powder and hing. Pressure cook peas till soft. Mash them a little. Keep ragda warm.
3. Prepare aloo tikki or patties as given.
4. Place pattice in a plate and place warm ragda over it.
5. Spoon green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney and curd over the ragda pattice. Sprinkle chaat masala over it. Serve ragda patties hot.