Recipe of nan khatai/ biscuits
1 cup maida (all purpose flour/ refined flour)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp baking powder
4-5 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
½ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
1. In this season ghee remains in a semi- melted state. I took it as it is. In a bowl mix ghee and powdered sugar. Beat it well till it becomes lighter in color and fluffy.
2. Sieve together maida and baking powder and mix cardamom powder. Add ghee-sugar mixture to maida. Knead it into soft dough. Let it rest for a while. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
3. Line a baking tray with cookie sheet. (I used aluminium foil as cookie sheet was not available and greased it with few drops of ghee).
4. Make small round balls from the dough and flatten them between your palms. Place these on a baking tray keeping a distance between them.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 15-16 minutes or till they turn slightly brownish both from the bottom and upper side. Let them cool completely before digging your teeth in these scrumptious nankhatai.