I made kuttu poori during 'Navratras' but somehow forgot to post it on the blog. You can also make kuttu poori with kuttu atta only. Singhadi atta is optional. Singhadi atta binds well and also rich in Calcium. Also my mom says kuttu atta is hot on body so mixing singhadi atta leads to cooling down effect.
Recipe of kuttu poori
1 cup kuttu atta (buckwheat flour)
1/2 cup singhadi atta
3-4 medium sized potatoes- boiled, peeled and mashed
3 green chillies- chopped finely
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1. Mix salt and green chillies to potato. In a bowl, mix kuttu and singhadi atta.
2. Mix potato mixture to kuttu and singhadi flour. Use potato to knead the flour into stiff dough. Add water only if there is a need. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
3. Take lemon sized ball from the dough and pat between your greased palms to make 3-4 inch round or poori.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai/wok. To check whether the oil is hot enough, put a small portion of dough into the oil. If it sizzles and comes to surface, your oil is ready. Turn the heat to medium. Gently place the poori in the oil.
4. Press the kuttu poori with a pauni (slotted spoon/ chhari). The poori will puff up. Turn over and fry from other side also. Drain the poori using the same slotted spoon on an absorbent paper. Similarly make rest of the kuttu puri from the dough. Serve hot with curd.