|kakode ki sabzi|
Recipe of kakode ki sabzi
250 gms kakode (kantola)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp saunf (fennel seeds) powder
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
How to make kakode ki sabzi
1. Wash kakode thoroughly under running water. Cut them into 4 pieces lengthwise.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai (heavy bottomed vessel) and add cumin seeds. When they change colour, add hing.
3. Add kakode. Add all the spice powders (except amchoor) and salt. Mix well.
4. Turn the heat to low and cover the kadhai. Stir occasionally.
5. Check with a spoon whether kakode has become tender. If yes, add amchoor and cook, uncovered, on a high heat for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Turn off the heat and serve kakode ki sabzi hot with roti or paratha.