|jimikand matar ki sabzi|
Recipe of jimikand matar ki sabzi
250 gm jimikand (yam/suran)
1 cup shelled matar (green peas)
2 cups water
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
2 tomatoes- pureed
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 1/2 tbsp oil
|jimikand chopped with matar|
1. Peel and wash jimikand. Chop it into medium size pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. When they turn darker, add hing.
3. Add pureed tomato and all the spices except garam masala. Saute till oil begins to separate from the masala.
4. Add jimikand, matar, water and salt. Pressure cook for 5 minutes on high heat. Turn off the heat and open the lid of the cooker when pressure drops down naturally.
5. Add garam masala and cook for 1 more minute. Take out in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot jimikand matar ki sabzi with roti or paratha.