|tinda ki sabzi|
Recipe of tinda ki sabzi
1/2 kg tinda (apple gourd/Indian baby pumpkin)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp saunf (fennel) powder
1/2 tsp amchoor (dry mango powder)
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1. Tinda shown in the pic need not be peeled. So, remove upper and lower portion of tinda, wash and chop them into 4 quarters lengthwise.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai or a pan and add cumin seeds. When they change color, add hing.
3. Add tinda, salt and all the spice powders except amchoor. Mix them. Cook on a low heat ,covered. Stir occasionally.
4. This tinda need not be cooked too much so when tinda is tender, add amchoor, cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
5. Seve hot tinda ki sabzi with roti or paratha.