|sabut masoor ki dal|
Sabut masoor ki dal tastes good with simple tempering of hing, jeera (cumin seeds). We enjoy this dal with both rice and roti. This dal is very protein rich and tasty.
Recipe of sabut masoor ki dal
1 cup sabut masoor dal (whole brown lentils)
4 cups of water
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste (or 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 tsp amchoor (dry mango powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala
How to make sabut masoor ki dal
1. Wash and soak masoor dal for 1 hour. Drain.
2. Place masoor ki dal in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups water, salt, turmeric and red chilli powders. Pressure cook to about 15 minutes on a high heat.
3. Open the lid of the cooker when pressure drops down naturally. Add amchoor and garam masala and cook for 1 minute.
4. Heat ghee in a small tadka pan and add cumin seeds. When they turn darker, add hing. Add this tadka or tempering to the boiled dal.
5. Garnish sabut masoor ki dal with chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) and serve hot with roti or rice.