Recipe of carrot kheer/ gajar ki kheer
3 medium carrots (gajar)
1 liter milk (full fat)
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp each almonds and cashew nuts
How to make carrot kheer
1. Peel and chop carrots finely.
2. Place carrots, almond and cashews in a pressure cooker and add 2 tbsp water. Cook to 1 whistle. Open the lid when pressure drops down naturally.
3. Churn the contents of pressure cooker in a blender to a paste.
4. Boil the milk. Add carrot paste to milk and cook on a medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add sugar and cook till sugar dissolves. Take out carrot kheer in a bowl and serve warm or chilled.