This is a simple recipe of how to roast your peanuts at home. Roasted, salted peanuts serve as a great snack or anytime munchie. They are much healthier than ready-made namkeens. If you use sendha salt, then you can also have them as a snack during Ekadashi or Navratra fast.
Recipe of salted, roasted peanuts
1 cup raw peanuts (kachhi moongphali) with red skin
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
How to roast peanuts
1. Heat oil in a kadhai (wok) and turn the heat to medium-low.
2. Add peanuts and salt and mix them well. Roast them stirring constantly.
3. After some time, there will be crackling sound from the peanuts and they will begin to slightly split.
4. Keep roasting for some time till red skin of peanuts look well roasted with dark red color and slightly black marks. Take care not to burn them.
5. Turn off the heat and take peanuts out of kadhai. Let them cool before sampling your roasted peanuts as they will turn crisp after cooling down.