Aam panna is nothing but raw mango cooler to beat the scorching heat. Aam panna is said to be protective against heat and hydrates the body. Also it's very delicious and stays fresh for few days when refrigerated.
Recipe of aam panna
3 kairi (raw mango/green, unripe mango)
2 tsp kaala namak (black salt)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna, pisa jeera)
7-8 black pepper (kaali mirch)
How to make aam panna
1. Wash kairi thoroughly. Peel them.
2. Remove the pulp from the seed. Discard the seed.
3. Boil pulp with 1 cup of water for 3-4 minutes.
4. Grind together pulp with water, black pepper, salt and sugar.
5. Mix this mango puree with 1 liter cold water.
6. At this stage, it's up to you whether you want to strain it in a strainer (chhalni) or not. I did not strain it and used it as it is since there is no loss of fiber and other nutrients this way.
7. Mix in cumin powder and serve aam panna chilled.
|kairi (raw mango)|