|aloo matar mangodi ki sabzi|
Aloo matar mangodi ki sabzi is a Rajasthani dish and is popular among Marwari community. They cook mangodi or moong dal wadis in many different ways. Here is my take on this sabzi.
Recipe of aloo matar mangodi ki sabzi
1/2 cup mangodi (moong dal wadi)
2 medium (aloo) potatoes- peeled and cubed
1/2 cup matar (green peas)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tomato- pureed
1/2 cup curd (yogurt)- beaten
1 1/2 tbsp oil
How to cook aloo matar mangodi ki sabzi
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add mangodi. Fry mangodi till reddish brown.
2. Turn off the heat and add 1 cup water to the pressure cooker. Close the lid of the cooker without turning on the heat.
3. After 15 minutes, open the lid and add cubed aloo and matar. Add 1 cup water, salt and all the spices except garam masala. Close the lid and pressure cook to 3-4 whistles. Turn off the heat.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a tadka pan and add cumin seeds. When they turn darker, add tomato puree and saute till oil begins to separate.
5. When pressure drops down naturally in the cooker, open the lid and add tadka (tempering). Add garam masala and cook for 1 minute.
6. Turn off the heat and add beaten curd. Take out aloo, matar, mangodi ki sabzi in a serving bowl and serve hot with roti or paratha.