a good option after a tiring day. There is no cutting or chopping involved which makes it easy to make
Recipe of dal pulao
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup chana dal (Bengal gram)
3 & 1/4 cups of water
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
2 bay leaves (tej patta)
3-4 cloves (laung)
4-5 black pepper (kali mirch)
1 big cardamom (moti elaichi)
How to cook dal pulao
1. Wash chana dal thoroughly and soak in 3 & 1/4 cups of water for 1/2 an hour.
2. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves, black pepper and cardamom.
3. When cumin seeds change colour and turn darker, add chana dal along with soaking water. add salt and
red chilli powder. Close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook to 3 whistles. Turn off the heat.
4. While chana dal is cooking, wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. Drain the water.
5. When (from step 3) pressure drops down naturally, open the lid of the cooker and add rice.
6. Pressure cook to 1 whistle and turn off the heat. When the pressure drops down naturally, open the
lid of the cooker and your dal pulao is ready to be savored.