Nimboo ka achar or lemon pickle is a healthy as well as tasty pickle as no oil or chemical preservative is used in this recipe. If you follow the recipe well, your pickle will last for a long time. I have taken about 300 gms of lemons in this recipe but you can take 1/2 kg to 1 kg lemons if you have more consumption. Adjust ingredients accordingly.
Recipe of nimboo ka achar/lemon pickle
7-8 medium sized nimboo (lemon)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black salt (kala namak)
2 tsp garam masala
How to prepare nimboo ka achar/lemon pickle
1. Wash lemons thoroughly under running water. Wipe with a clean cloth.
2. Keep them aside so that they dry completely. There should not be any moisture left on them.
3. Cut lemons into 6-8 pieces.
4. Mix both salts and garam masala in them.
5. Take a clean, dry jar or a bottle and fill lemons in it. Close the lid of the bottle.
6. Keep aside for about 2 months. That much time it takes for lemon peel to soften.
7. After about 2 months, your lemon pickle is ready to be eaten.
Note: 1. there should not be any impurity or moisture in the jar or bottle you are using to fill the lemons.2. Take yellow lemons with thin peel so that it takes less time for pickle to be ready. Avoid green, unripe ones.
|nimboo ka achar|