|sama ke chawal ki khichdi|
Sama ke chawal ki khichdi is made during fasts like Ekadashi and Navratra. It's very easy to make and tastes delicious. If you want to stay away from fried food during fasts, then this khichdi (shyamak chawal ki khichdi) is an ideal option.
1 cup sama ke chawal (shyamak chawal/samo rice/samak chawal)
4-5 green chillies- chopped
Sendha salt (rock salt) - to taste
2 medium potato- cubed
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
How to make sama ke chawal ki khichdi
1. Wash sama ke chawal and soak for 1/2 an hour. Drain.
2. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and saute green chillies.
3. Add rest of the ingredients and 5 cups of water. (Idea is to add 4-5 times water as the quantity of sama ke chawal).
4. Close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook to 1-2 whistles.
5. Let the pressure drop down before opening the lid of the cooker. Enjoy your sama ke chawal ki khichdi!