|shyamak chawal ki kheer|
In fasts like Ekadashi or Navratri, shyamak chawal ki kheer or vrat ke chawal ki kheer is quite popular. It's light and easy to digest but quite filling. Shyamak chawal is known by many names in
like samak chawal, sama ke chawal and swang chawal.
Recipe of shyamak (samak) chawal ki kheer
1 liter milk (preferably full fat)
1/2 cup shyamak chawal (samak chawal/sama ke chawal/samo rice)
4-5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Chopped nuts like almonds and raisins
1. Wash shyamak chawal and soak for 1/2 an hour. Drain.
2. Boil milk and add sama ke chawal.
3. Simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally, till kheer reaches desired consistency.
4. Add sugar, cardamom powder and nuts. Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
5. Cool kheer and chill in refrigerator. Enjoy shyamak chawal kheer.
Note- You can enjoy shyamak chawal kheer both warm and cold.
This kheer cooks much faster than rice kheer.