|besan masala toast|
You can have this besan masala toast as a healthy breakfast option or as a low calorie snack.
Recipe of besan masala toast
1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour/gram flour)
1 onion- chopped
1 tomato- chopped
2-3 green chillies- chopped
Fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) - chopped
Bread slices as needed (I used brown bread)
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
How to make besan masala toast
1. Take besan in a bowl and add water little by little, mixing with other hand so as to prepare a smooth lump free batter. The consistency of batter should be pakora (fritter) batter like.
2. Add rest of the above ingredients (except bread and oil) to the besan batter and mix well.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle). Apply a thin layer of besan mixture on 1 side of bread slices.
4. Keeping the heat to low, smear oil on tava and place bread slices on tava with besan mixture side down. Roast on a low heat for 2-3 minutes, and then increase the heat to medium. Roast for 1-2 minutes.
5. Flip and roast other side of bread as well.
6. Remove from tava and serve besan masala toast hot with tomato ketchup.
Note- 1. Apply a thin layer of besan mixture otherwise it will remain uncooked.
2. Roast besan toast on a low heat otherwise vegetables will burn.
3. You can apply besan mixture on both sides of bread also.