Who doesn’t love samosa and that too homemade fresh and hygienic samosa? It’s usually bought from shops but let’s make it today at home.
Recipe of samosa
For the outer covering
2 cups maida
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
4-5 aloo (potatoes) - boiled, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup matar (green peas) - boiled
2 inch piece ginger - grated
2-3 green chillies- chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
1/2 tsp amchoor
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp oil
Oil for deep frying
1. For outer covering of samosa, take maida in a bowl and mix in salt and oil.
2. Slowly add water and knead into stiff dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 20 minutes.
3. For filling, heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they change colour, add ginger and green chillies. Sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add potatoes and matar. Add salt and all the spices. Also add coriander leaves. Roast for a while.
Your filling is ready to stuff inside samosa.
How to make samosa
|stuffing inside the cone|
5. Take some dough and roll into a thin round or puri.
6. Cut the puri to make 2 halves. Run wet fingers along the edges.
7. Make a cone by joining and pressing.
8. Stuff potato-peas mixture inside the cone and seal the third side so that stuffing doesn't come out while frying. Similarly make rest of the samosa from remaining dough and potato mixture.
9. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry 3-4 samosas at a time on a medium heat. Fry till samosa turn golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot samosa with green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
Note- samosas will be fried on a medium heat. Also fry samosas in batches.
You can also add small pieces of paneer and kaju kishmish (cashews and raisins) to the stuffing.